Day 2: Moab to Albuquerque
Well Dad and I stayed in a
Hampton Inn for our first night. Everything was closed when we arrived which
was like 9:30-10 and we were kind of hungry. We ended up going to the local
City Market, which is owned by Kroger. Rockin the deli sandwiches!
Then we got up the next morning
and headed out to see the Arches National Park. It was awesome. For those who
haven’t seen it, I highly suggest it. It would be the perfect place for hiking,
but we had no time for that. We just did the scenic drive through. Here are
some pictures from our adventure.
It was the perfect Sunday
activity. I love being in nature on Sundays. I always feel closest to the Lord
in nature and admiring the beauty in this world. My testimony is always
strengthened. I am so little in this world and the Lord took the time to create
this magnificent place. He cares about all of His creations, especially me.
They also had this tiny, tiny
cabin up there where the Wolfe family lived for more than a decade. They were
from Ohio, why and how they chose Moab up in the rocky areas, who knows-- The
ground is hard, no food, the local town in miles away, cold harsh winters, and
blazing hot summers. Here is their cabin and cattle pin.
I uh had to go potty while we
were out there looking at the Arches. They had these places called toilet pit.
They are exactly what they are called. I have never felt so disgusting in my
life. I already have issues using public restrooms, so imagine that magnified.
I still feel grossed out.
Well after all of that we headed
out towards Albuquerque. The drive was pretty when we went over the plains.
They were snow covered and untouched.
Otherwise the roads were like way
bumpy and up and down. I kept having to watch the rooftop bag, just in case.
Also the speed limit would change from like 70 to 50 to 30 to 70..nonstop. So
annoying!
When we got to Albuquerque we
went to this famous restaurant “The Range Café.” (I haven’t heard of it either.
Ha) Anyways, it was pretty neat place.
Sorry I know the first one is sideways. I was trying to show that it says chocolate milk from a chocolate cow. Ha!
We stayed in Clubhouse Hotel or
something like that. It was not that great. The walls were super thin so we
could her everything. However, I was so exhausted I was out. I feel like I
haven’t slept in days.
Theme Song: On The Open Road- A Goofy Movie
Xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment