Saturday, June 8, 2013

I'm still alive

Seriously, it's been over a month. 
Where have I been?! 
Well let me just fill you in! 

I moved to Utah. 
I'm going to LDSBC. 
I got a job at a bank. 
I've been insanely busy. 

The end. 

Ha. That's the short version. Now for details. I love my apartment complex. I feel super safe. Which is a good feeling. The inside reminds you of a hotel room. There is a hot tub, theater room, and gym. It's like a block from my school. Such a blessing! I just wish it wasn't so expensive living here. Ha. It's good for now. But come fall I may need something cheaper. 

I have awesome roommates. Britnee and Sierra. We all get along pretty well, also a blessing. I hardly see them though because I'm always gone. But they are awesome.

I really really enjoy LDSBC. It just feels right. I can't explain it. The teachers mostly have a real job and then teach at LDSBC for fun. So they actually care. Plus they genuinely want to help you succeed and work with you. It's fabulous. I wish I had time to explore what they have to offer but I stay busy.

My classes keep me very busy. But I've been able to learn so much and I am doing well. It is different going to school now then a couple of years ago. I just have a different perspective and want to be here. I enjoyed school before but now I just have a different feeling about it all. I don't feel forced to do things. I want to learn. I like my classes.  Plus I'm paying for it. Ha

I'm now a business transfer student and will have a degree in accounting by the time I finish, which I hope is by fall 2014 maybe sooner. That way I will have a good solid useable degree and then I can continue pursuing my English: book editor degree. Yay!

Living downtown Salt Lake is incredible. I love being able to walk everywhere. I love discovering the city and finding fun new places. I love how everything is pretty close. I love how beautiful it is at night with the lights. I love all the happenings downtown. I love that I'm only a couple blocks away from Temple Square. I just don't visit it nearly enough. The Salt Lake Temple is literally right there. I see it everyday and it just brings so much peace and hope into my life. I need to go to it though. Find the time! Also, my school is like a block or two away from me. The best thing ever!

I was only out of work for two weeks before I got another job. Seriously major major blessing. I had a couple of interviews. And not even two hours after one they offered me a job. I love it. It's definitely different from going to one of the top banks in the nation to a small community bank with only 7 branched. Tiny! But it's a good thing. Everything is done manually pretty much so it's taken a little getting use to but less room for mistakes. I am learning a lot. And my coworkers are wonderful! We all are different and bring something to the table. I really like everyone. And no drama! I really feel like I have the opportunity to grow here. It's wonderful.

Sooo that's pretty much my life. For now. Ha.

Xoxo



No comments: