Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Visual

I feel as though my blog as a lot of verbal and not enough visual, let's see if I can fix that. I mean you get the feel for things more with pictures. It makes things interesting. haha.



Hey-o my ward's softball team! I mean seriously look at that photo, that is a group of some good lookin men! Too bad most are taken. Eh well, a girl can still admire from a distance. haha. Anyways, I've been attending some of their games. Dang they are good! Team effort, skills, and naturally having good relief society support makes this team winners! Tomorrow they're in the playoffs. Go Team Go!



The Jonas Brothers...wow! I don't know what it is about them. Maybe it's the fact that they are all brothers, maybe it's the fact they are good role models who are Christians, who have values and even have purity rings. Maybe it's because they look so good that dark curly hair just does something for me. Or maybe it's the fact that they all have amazing voices and are so musically talented. I mean dang...hello Joe Bros! I'll get to see them in a few weeks at Stadium of Fire. Holla! My goal was to have a date to go with me...I'm lacking on that. I don't know who to bring, and come on guys don't really seem into it or would appreciate it. urg. I'll figure something out.



Most stressful week ever. I can't believe that this term is almost over. Finals are next week. Crazy! Everything has been thrown on me this week and there is so much pressure! I don't do well with stress....Not that anyone does. I've been on top of things so I've been getting things done, it's just all very overwhelming. Grades getting posted worry me. I have to have good grades to stay fall. I'm talking all A's. When I get stressed, I don't eat well or I just forget to eat. I also, don't get much sleep. I wake up constantly and it's hard for me to even get to sleep. I had a plan for this week, guess what the plan isn't working out too well. haha. life.



Alright, this picture is a little much but it gets the point across. I got a phone call last night. I was relived from finishing a portfolio, and my phone rings. I thought it was my group member for this portfolio calling to see if I finished. Her number wasn't in my phone so I answered. I had a feeling that I should just let my voice-mail get it. I should have. "Hello?" "Hi Stephanie, this is Brother Rice from the ward, Are you going to be around on Sunday." (Every place I could even go ran through my head, an excuse as to why I wouldn't be able to make it to church.) "Er, yes....wait, you're going to ask me to speak aren't you?" "Yes, would you like to?" (Absolutely not! I would rather sing and dance in front of all these people I don't know then try and speak to them.) " Er, sure I'd love to." (I was taught never to say no for church.) So I will be speaking in church on Sunday. This is the first time I've ever been asked to speak. I have always volunteered in the past. I have to speak for 12 mins. on the importance of reverence. Speaking isn't too bad, except that I have the habit of speeding things up. For instance, I always say food prayer because I say them the fastest. People want to eat! I mean what I say, I just get a little anxious. It's a tad nerve-wracking. So my talk when I prepare will be over 12 mins. When I actually get up and say it to the congregation, it'll be less than 5 mins. Should be interesting. haha.



Have you ever had those moments where you're just going along, writing, and then you stop? You can't remember how to spell. For example, a few weeks ago I was in class and I forgot how to spell...of....of all things to forget, I forgot one of the most commonly used words. I hate these moments. I feel as time goes on I forget the most basic things. I can understand if it is a hard word or a commonly misspelled word. But simple things, come on people read a dictionary or take an English class. Which brings me back to my point, sometimes I feel really dumb because I forget how to spell. I love spellchecker. I need a spellchecker when I am handwriting something. Like in Harry Potter, they have a spell correction quills. I need one of those.




I started using Netflix. It's amazing. It's cheap and affordable, I get one movie in the mail unlimited, and unlimited movies online. It's the best thing. I just make a list of movies I want they send one to me, I send it back when I'm done, and then they send the next one on my list. I get to see all those movies I wanted to see without having to deal with going out and getting them and worrying about late fees. And on top of that, I watch movies online too. I absolutely love it. I recently watched New In Town and just got Bedtime Stories. I have also recently seen the latest season of Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brother shows, Stardust, and Deja Vu. All such good movies and shows. I love movies..the end.



And I borrowed Chris and Kara's car (Thanks!) and drove up to Sandy for Kayleen's baby shower. Wow it was so good to catch up with the Erekson girls! I sure have missed them! Everyone looks so good and seems very happy. Kayleen is so cute pregnant and her baby's name is so original and beautiful. I wanted the baby to move so I could watch it. I find it fascinating. Seeing as I've never been pregnant, I have no idea what it's like to have a little life inside of me moving and living. My mind doesn't grasp the concept. BreeAnn is engaged, and she seems so happy and excited. Savannah is just enjoying life. And Lisa seems like she couldn't be prouder of her girls. I'm so happy for all of them and I loved catching up with them!



That's life in Stephanie's world...so very exciting I know! Until next time! xoxo

No comments: