Friday, August 14, 2009

Two Steps Forward And One Step Back



Hurray Finals are over! I hate finals. I hate testing. I hate studying for a long time and then being disappointed because I didn't do well. So it's such a relief to say no worries, exams are done. Now I just wait anxiously for my grades to be posted. I like school though. I like going to school and I love learning new things. I don't like not being in school.



I leave in exactly in four days. Four Days! My summer is quickly coming to an end. It's bittersweet. I love summers. Laying by the pool, new friends, lots of adventures, and naturally a ton of lasting memories. (I'll have to make a post and put some pictures of my summer. Look for it) Eventually it has to end, sad day.



I love the Enclave, I love the people I've met and we'll always have facebook. haha. It's been really fun, I've learned a lot about myself and people this summer. I was planning on having this incredible last weekend. One last who-rah! But disappointment got the best of me. Lots of people have left. Going home, moving away, all goodbyes. Goodbyes seem so final. I mean they aren't. I know I'll see everyone again sometime in the future. And besides, it's for the best. Good things lie ahead, my friends. It's exciting really. I like change for the most part. I need change, I hate not having variety in my life. There is always that little piece of fear in you when things change though. That fear about the unknown and what will happen in the future. I think I always have that little piece of fear but it's times like these it's more prudent.( Is that the right word to say?)



What I do not like though, is moving. I just want my own house, and never have to move again. I really hate having to fit all my stuff in boxes and then having to get all my stuff together. Then you have to carry it down the 2.5 flights of stairs. It's such a hassle. I haven't started packing yet. haha. I keep putting it off. (Hence why I am writing a lovely post in my blog)



Aha Going Home. I do love going home. It's going to be really nice. I miss my family, very much so.However Chris and Kara are out here, I'm going to miss them when I leave. I'm especially excited to see my mom. I really miss my mom. We have our differences sometimes, but I really do love seeing her everyday and not just talking to her on the phone. I can seriously tell her anything and I do. I really like that we have such a close relationship. I'm excited to see Karlee and Daddy too!
There will be a lot of things different when I go home. The branch for one. New people...yay! New branch president...yay! Some old faces too...yay! It's going to be a bummer not having Justin go to the branch with me. I liked having him go with me to church. It's nice to have someone there that's family. Some friend situations will be different too. Some things will be the same though. I'm going back to work at Hobby Lobby. I like working there. I just get tired of the long days, and the same routine. I am thankful to have a job though, very fortunate. Even if I am coming back just in time for Christmas mess. Wrapping each individual ornament...yikes! And Customers are a little more pushy and edgy around the holidays. I hate rude customers. But it should be fun! Look forward to more funny Hobby Lobby stories!
I actually have high hopes for the fall. 1.Health wise, I need to get all those issues resolved and get in better shape. 2. Books, I got read all those books I've been wanting to read. 3. Piano, I'm determined to learn to play piano. 4. Just work on myself. 6. Getting myself back to BYU for Winter. 5. Obviously make some good memories. We'll see if I accomplish anything. HA.

I've been having this urge to go dancing. Couple dancing. Crazy, but I really want to. I've been watching all these dancing movies...step up, save the last dance, shall we dance, take the lead, on and on. Kinda weird!

I'm excited to get a break before I start back to work. Laying by the pool getting my tan on and then going to Michigan with my Lisa! Good times!
And fyi, my birthday is really soon. Like two and half weeks. No longer a teenager. whoa! That I can't even believe.

Well, here's to the next change/chapter in my life! xoxo

No comments: