Monday, September 7, 2009

Where a kid can be a kid!



So I have this idea that would be a really good date. I want to get a group together and have a whole day dedicated to being a kid again. So watch the kiddie shows (Banana in Pajamas, Dragon Tales, Arthur, wishbone, reading rainbow, comfy couch..to name a few. haha) or children movies(usually disney). Have kiddie snacks. (fruit snacks, juice boxes, dirt worm things, all the creative named foods) Go to the park and play, finger-paint, color, build a clubhouse/forts, play barbies, play games(red-rover, hide n seek, london bridge, 4square, kickball, ring around the rosy, hop-scotch, etc.), have story time and read children books (I love you forever, junie b jones, dr. suess, etc.) and just be a kid. How fun would that be?! It would be nice to just let go and have some fun! aha, one day soon I'll go on this date. Oh the hopes of a 20yr old. haha.



Anyways, what got me thinking about all of this is I was thinking about the silly things I did and said as a child. Which included ridiculous rhymes and songs. I remembered some of them and googled it. Maybe some of you will remember too. Aha just look at this. I can't believe the things i learned.

~Miss Mary Mack mack mack all dressed in black black black with silver buttons buttons buttons all down her back back back She went upstairs stairs stairs to ask her mother mother mother for 15 cents cents cents to see the elephants elephants elephants jump over the fence fence fence.They jumped so high high high they reached the sky sky sky,and they didn't come back back back til the first of July July July

~Concentrate concentrate people dying babies crying concentrate. Stab a knife in your back let the blood run down, spiders crawling all around, stab a knife in your back let the blood run down, spiders crawling all around. Concentrate, concentrate people dying babies crying. Crack an egg on your head let the yoke ooze down. Crack an egg on your egg let the yoke ooze down. Squeeze oranges on your sholder let the juice run down, squeeze oranges on your shoulder let the juice run down. Concentrate concentrate people dying babies crying. You’re standing on top of the empire state building you look down at all of those people. You can feel the breeze. Suddenly you hear footsteps, they get louder and louder and suddenly someone pushes you. What color did you see?

~ Miss Suzie had a steamboat, her steamboat had a bell (ding ding),
Miss Suzie went to heaven, her steamboat went to...
HELL...o operator please give me number nine,
And if you disconnect me I'll cut off your...
Behind the refridgerator there lay a piece of glass
Miss Suzie sat upon it and cut her big fat...
Ask me no more questions, I'll tell you now more lies
The boys are in the bathroom zipping up their...
Flies are in the meadow, the bees are in the park,
Miss Suzie and her boyfriend are kissing in the...
D-a-r-k, d-a-r-k, dark dark dark.
The dark is like the movies,the movies' like the show,
The show is like tv and that is all I know...
Know know, I know I know my ma I know I know my pa,
I know I know my sister with the 80 meter bra.
My mother is Godzilla, my father is King Kong.
My sister is the idiot who made up this dumb song.
My mother gave me a nickle, my father gave me a dime
My sister gave me a boyfriend,his name was Frankenstein.
He made me do the dishes, he made me wash the floor
He made we wash his underpants and I kicked him out the door!
I kicked him over London, I kicked him over France,
I kicked him over Hollywoood and he lost his underpants.
Miss Suzie had a baby, she named him Tiny Tim.
She put him in the bathtub to see if he could swim.
He drank up all the water, he ate up all the soap.
He tried to eat the bathtub but it wouldn't fit down his throat.
Miss Suzie called the doctor, Miss Suzie called the nurse
Miss Suzie called the lady with the alligator purse.
Chicken pox said the doctor, measles said the nurse
Nothing said the lady with the alligator purse.
Miss Suzie knocked the doctor. Miss Suzie punched the nurse.
Miss Suzie paid the lady with the alligator purse!


~Remember when boys had cooties and you had to get a cootie shot...circle circle dot dot now i got my cootie


~Remember the silly hand clapping games that people would play during recess? My personal favorite..slide. Slide baby one baby two baby i love you. haha

~The classic comebacks...I know you are but what am I?, I am rubber and you are glue whatever you says bounces off of me and sticks to you., Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.



~Silly sayings... Don't be such a butt for...what's a butt for?, I see London I see France I see someone's underpants., Are you positive? Only fools are positive.


haha oh childhood. =)

xoxo

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I laughed so much reading this! I loved that time and I'm starting to miss it somewhat! I'm just glad I got to share that time with you!!!!