FYI I hate the song it's the most wonderful time of the year, but the title is appropriate for this entry.
I love Christmas time! Like seriously it's the best time ever!! I get so hyped up about it. Except this year is different.
First off I've been listening to Christmas music since the middle of October..wayy to early for that. I've also been around Christmas trees, wrapping ornaments, and rearranging Christmas junk since I started working at Hobby Lobby..ugh. So saying I love Christmas may be kind of a mis-statement.
I love seeing everything decorated. I hate going up in the attic getting everything down and unpacking things..but the ending is beautiful. I love driving around and looking at all the houses lite up for the season. Another favorite thing of mine is the traditions. Another great thing about Christmas is the Spirit. There is a real meaning behind it all. There is lots of love,happy faces, and good memories made. I love how much happier everyone seems to be. Maybe it's because of the end of a semester, a break from work...I mean I don't think it's just because of the season but still I like to pretend it is. Everyone is much more giving and compassionate towards each other. I also love Christmas shopping. It's very exciting buying every one's gifts and seeing the excitement when you give it to them. It's also nice receiving them :)
I also tend to think a lot during this special season. I like to just sit and look at the Christmas tree, listen to Christmas music, and just ponder. I really realize all the wonderful gifts I have and all the people who have had an impact on my life. I like to reflect on the past year and everything that has happened, and I also like to think about the upcoming year and what it may hold for me. Of course I think about the Savior too..since that is the real meaning of Christmas. There is just lots to think about this time of the year.
Anyways this year feels different somehow. I feel like every year it's just different. I want all the family to be together and every year less people can't be home for Christmas or go out doing things. Christmas is about love and family. I just want to make every moment special and last. It's a hard task! I just feel like these are the moments to really take advantage of and not miss out on anything. Aha... Christmas is just wonderful!!
Anyways I'm done rambling. Merry Christmas everyone! Make the most of it! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment