Sunday, June 21, 2009

#1 Big Boob!



This post is dedicated to my number one big boob aka yibb, daddy-o, money giver, playa/pimp, etc.... basically the best dad ever! ( who's a suck up? ME!) I've been meaning to write this post all day but got busy, so here I am writing it at 12:01 2 minutes after Father's Day. Whoops! Happy Father's Day Daddy! I love you with everything! I know I joke around a lot with him but really in all seriousness I'm so grateful for my dad.

I called him today to thank him and ended up getting all teary eyed. I'm such a baby. I'm sure before this post is over I'll be in tears again. I tend to forget sometimes to thank my parents for all that they do. It's days like this I'm grateful to have that opportunity to be reminded and to show them that I am indeed very thankful.

First off, I'm grateful to have such a wonderful father who is around. Time is moving all too quickly and I dread the day when I won't have him or my mother around anymore. I'm glad that I can call him whenever just to talk....I do it often.

I'm glad for all the work he has put in for his family. He's constantly working and has to sacrifice a lot just to provide for my family. I know he hates how much he has to work, and how much he has missed out on and would change it in a heartbeat to have more time with his kids. Yet he never complains about the sacrifices he has to make for the family. I'm thankful that he has taught me the meaning of hard-work and that sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do.

I'm glad for the example he sets. He really loves my mom and he makes sure to show it to her in every way, every single day. True Love. I'm thankful for the love he shows me and my brothers. He always wants what's best for us and he'd do anything to help us get it.

I'm grateful for his worthiness, and being a strong priesthood holder.I can go to him for any spiritual need. I'm thankful for his testimony. So strong and so immovable. He believes and lives it. He tries to show me and my siblings how important it is to stay close to the church and the gospel.

I love the advice, the stories, our talks (Do you miss me? Were you gone?), the jokes, the nicknames (BFL,Yibb), and the daddy/daughter moments and memories that will last forever (FRIENDS, Hogan's Heroes! life-savers). I love that no matter what, he loves me...unconditionally.

I told you today on the phone Dad that you raised me right and that you always were and have been a great Father, which you replied with sometimes. Nope always.

I love you Dad! Happy Father's Day! <3
xoxo

3 comments:

Kara said...

Diddo! Your dad is a great man. Lucky to have married such a wonderful family!

Savannah said...

I love and miss your dad, too. And your mom. And your brothers--and you! Please tell your parents hellp for me!

Savannah said...

That was supposed to be "hello for me".