In a perfect world:
- I would not let a member of the opposite sex make me cry
- I would be able to stand up for myself and not let someone get in my face
- I would be able to make my point sternly without the tears strolling down my face
- I would be able to comfortably raise my hand or say in public my opinion without worrying what people will think of me
- I would do more things I love without getting embarrassed.
- I would be completely honest with people
- I would confront people without holding back
- I would walk up to the guys I like and tell them what I like about them
- I would not fall for the wrong guys and end up being the one that gets hurt in the end
- I would not be so gosh darn nice to the jerks that don't deserve it
- I would laugh more
- I would not lose contact with those people who once upon a time meant so much too me
- I would go out more
- I would be able to stand my ground in an argument or debate
- I would be more social
- I would not be shy around people I don't know
- I would let people in and trust easier
- I would give people the chance to actually get to know 'the real me' (Which most people only get to see that side if it's more one on one or in a small group setting. Or talk to me a lot and ask my opinions on issues)
It's a good thing it's not a perfect world though! haha. My weaknesses will one day become things of the past. (You're probably wondering what happened. What situations caused me to think these things or have these problems. The answer: many circumstance involved with many detailed stories. No worries. Experiences make me stronger and make me who I am or something like that)
In more details....
General Conference: hmm, there are no words for this experience. For the first time in my life I went to General Conference, in person. Oh yes it was better than I ever thought it would be. I was a giddy little school girl. Grant it, I was all the way in the balcony but I could care less, I was there! There right in front of me was the Prophet of God and the apostles, general authorities, and the beautiful Mormon Tabernacle (that I one day will be apart of). It was incredible! Totally worth every minute of it. And the Spirit there, was so powerful. The conference was meant for me. Without fail all of my questions and concerns were answered and solved. Thank you. And holy wow, the MoTab sounded better than I've every heard them. The acoustics in the conference center are amazing! Plus, they performed some of my favorite songs. And I've never seen so many people in one place. Talk about feeling the power and unity of the church. I was just soaking it all in. We were all there for one sole purpose..the truth. wow. Best experience ever.
Confrontation (see picture above, I would do something like this. haha): It even sounds intense. haha not really. But, one of the most important things to me is being honest, no lies...complete honesty. So the problem is this: I believe in honesty but when it comes to calling people out or confronting people I'm a chicken. Bock Bwak Bok (That's the sound of a chicken in writing just in case you were wondering. haha). Oh I think it needs to be done but it sure does take me some time to get the courage up to do it. It's kinda funny, my thought process. I play the whole scene out in my mind, write down in my journal exactly what I'm going to say, imagine their reaction. However, whatever I plan is so not what actually happens. That would be called life...never goes as planned. Oh well, that's the beauty of it; not knowing what's coming! So, I have this friend, she rocks at confronting people. I don't know how she does it, she just doesn't leave things unsaid. She lays it all out on the table or something like that. I would love to be able to do that! Not that I want to be calling people out on everything, it's just some issues need to be dealt with, especially things that directly involve me. I'm such a wuss. haha. Which doesn't make any sense to me because I tend to be a very straight-forward individual.
Music: I'm addicted to music. Plus, I have really bad music ADD and constantly change the song after listening to it for only 45 secs or so. Such a shame because I have too much music and not enough time to listen to it all. My recent favorites:
Headlights- Classic Crime
Hush- Automatic Loveletter
Rockstar 101- Rihanna
Fighting For Nothing- Meg & Dia
Permanent- David Cook
The Only Exception- Paramore
And a ton of others, that keep playing on repeat. haha
Diet Coke and M&Ms: I feel like this would be a suitable pick me up when I'm upset..psh nothing's wrong. I'm completely happy. But here I sit watching a movie eating M&Ms, while drinking a diet coke. Awesome.
Friends: I love skype. Seriously, best invention ever. I got to skype with some of my favorite people recently. One of them is my bestie. She makes me so happy. She always makes me laugh, and we have so much to talk about. I'm telling you, she understands things others don't get. It's quite fabulous. And the dang girl has the best memory of anyone I know. She recalls things, situations I don't even remember I said or did. She can remember dates, times, music, even what people were wearing. It's an amazing talent. I can barely remember what I did yesterday. ha! I also talked to my favorite best friend/cousin. He is the best, really. He's one of my favorite people. He made me happy, because he told me how much he likes reading my blog. I didn't even think most people kept up with it. I'm telling you, this thing is mainly for my benefit. Aha he's awesome and he's coming out here in a few months...get ready to call in the cops we are going to get into some trouble! haha not really, but we have some good times ahead. And naturally my other friends are fantastic: Those who always know what to say and what advice I need. The people who listen to my little rants over and over again about certain issues. The ones who always know how to make me smile and give the best hugs. Or the ones who actually take the time to ask 'How are you Stephanie?' and then listens, and I don't mean just listens to what I'm saying, but the things I don't say. And the ones who enjoy my companionship and just doing whatever. I love my friends. I also would like to add my family whom also I consider my friends.
Glee: That's right, the all time favorite show of America is starting back up next week. Oh baby! I need to watch it, too bad the whole tv is so not working out for me. I can't wait until the next day to watch it, people will spill the beans!! But oh yeah for new awesome music. Talented people. If I had any chance, and had enough courage I would have totally sent in a video and auditioned for the show. eh but who wants the lifestyle of the rich and the famous?
School: Spring classes starts in less than 3 weeks. yikes. I have yet to get the classes I want. Everyday I'm checking and hoping a spot opens for certain classes that I need. Such a hassle! However, I enjoy going to school and learning, minus the exams and sometimes the ridiculous papers.
Coming Soon: I'm getting a new roommate also in a few weeks. How lame! There goes having my own bathroom. I don't want to make room and have another roommate. I like things the way they are right now. kthanks. My papa comes in a few weeks. Ballin! Chris graduates so he's coming out to see him graduate. I'm excited. I get to see my recently married friends also in a few weeks, at their open house. Oh I've missed them. I also might have some exciting things to tell in the near future, we shall see. =)
And today has been the prettiest day. It's so bright, and sunny, and warm. I spent a few hours outside just soaking it all in. Love <3
I just re-read over this, I sound like some problematic, depressed, hates the world type person....I'm not, promise. I'm really a very positive and happy person. I love my life: ups and downs. Life is beautiful. I'll try to be more positive in my posts in the future. ha. And not make it so lengthy? (What can I say, it's the one time it's all about me and no one can tell me to be quite and let them talk. haha. Not that anyone ever says that.)
Oh but for funny entertainment I just read this article...yes it's on dating. But I'm not trying to analyze it or relate it to me. I just think it's funny and interesting. That's all.
xoxo





No comments:
Post a Comment