Saturday, January 26, 2013

Quiet Book

I've been wanting to post this for a while. I completed my quiet books for my niece and nephew. This is the first time I have ever made one. It was A LOT of work, and sometimes I just wanted to give up and just buy one. Ha. I'm glad I didn't and I think they turned out decently. They are for children so they most likely won't last long. I'm okay with that. It's from the heart. Of course, now that I made them, other ones I make in the future will be better. Eventually I'll make one for my own children. Who knows, maybe as my nieces and nephews grow I'll add pages or make one for each child. Ha. So here's the finished project. It's self explanatory I think.





















The pictures are mainly from Jackson's book. Zara had different colors and more girly, but very similar. ( The last two pictures are from her book).

If you're curious what I used and did, the best advice I have for you is to play around with different things. I know others who made quiet books used hot glue or sewed everything by hand. I didn't want to do that. If I had more time I probably would have sewn it together. Anyways, I used pellon for the pages and muslin on top. I used fabric markers, felt, Velcro, felt glue ( a lot, a lot of felt glue), and a serger. Voila!

Xoxo

 


No comments: