Valentine's day is quickly approaching. urg. (I almost posted a picture of cupid face down with an arrow through him...brutal. But then you'll think I hate love and everything to do with Valentine's day, which isn't true!) However, the day frustrates me. I mean is it really necessary to have sales on all the valentine's stuff and like put it in my face that I am currently unattached? The flowers, oh the beautiful flowers everywhere (oh how I love them, so pretty). Is it really necessary to come out with love movies (Valentine's day anyone?...I'm going to see it actually, even though it looks so lame!) The cd's (oh look another compilation of love songs, joy. I also kinda enjoy these). So many lovey-dovey-gushy Valentine's day stuff...ahaha the madness! I love, love, it just sucks being single around this day? Yes?! Even if I'm not dating anyone and just went on a date with someone I'd be okay with that. eh well, that still might be weird seeing as it is Valentine's day. haha. I'm telling you, one day I won't have to worry about this...one day.
On the positive side, I think I may have found some good guys to possibly date, maybe. We will see. I have to find out more about them and their certain situations. I'm so hesitant about it all though. I am trying, honestly, to not be so negative about dating and guys. Aha, it's hard, so incredibly hard for me. I tend to hold back, a lot. Partially, because I am scared to death to go down the same roads I have in the past. Getting hurt, it's part of life and the whole dating scene. But every time it gets a little harder for me to be open and let someone new in. Makes me think of that quote" The hardest thing is loving someone then having the courage to let them love you back." I also think I have this idea of guys that they are going to treat my badly. Only because every guy turns out to do that to me and be like the last one...another jerk to add to the pile. Blah. I don't deserve to be treated badly! I wish I could see that in the beginning and save myself the trouble of going through all of that? Again, part of life...I know. I feel like when I do find a decent guy, we're only friends. This is the case for me. ( I'm sorry but I like to be friends first before anything more can happen. It's who I am) My entire life, I have met some okay guys, but we always get past the point of the dating phase and just become really good friends. (Dating phase as in at some point they actually are interested in me, why they don't pursue it? I have no idea!! Because it is possible that I may actually feel the same way. However, I find this out later. Opportunity missed.) Which being friends is fine and dandy most of the time, but every once in a while it can be very bittersweet at the same time. (The good, no pressure and you can really get to know them. And if it develops into more there are definitely benefits to that. The bad, you may see them only as a friend and it may not develop into anything more. Also, things could get awkward. haha) I just need a really good guy. Someone who can get past all this and prove to me that it is possible to be respected properly. (weird wording) haha. Also, I need them to actually see me for me and well don't give up on me? Because, I can be pretty amazing. haha kidding...but seriously. Sorry, definitely more information than you wanted to know, yes? Ramble, ramble. This makes me come off like a freak haha. Basically I just need a guy to date..psh. (If only I didn't feel the need to constantly explain myself in every post).
I also realized recently that it drives me crazy when I ask a simple question (more specifically to a guy) as in 'How are you doing' and they just go off. 'Oh I'm sad because of this this this, pity me give me sympathy'. I understand you want someone to hear you out, I don't mind listening but why do I want to listen to all of your problems when you don't even take a second to take an interest in me? All I want is a simple and sincere 'Oh how are you doing, Stephanie?' It's generous and people need that sort of thing sometimes you know? Anyways, that's a whole other subject with many stories....blah blah blah.
I also realized recently that it drives me crazy when I ask a simple question (more specifically to a guy) as in 'How are you doing' and they just go off. 'Oh I'm sad because of this this this, pity me give me sympathy'. I understand you want someone to hear you out, I don't mind listening but why do I want to listen to all of your problems when you don't even take a second to take an interest in me? All I want is a simple and sincere 'Oh how are you doing, Stephanie?' It's generous and people need that sort of thing sometimes you know? Anyways, that's a whole other subject with many stories....blah blah blah.
As, a side note we had a lesson on dating last Sunday. Let's just take a moment and laugh....hahaha. I have never found so many things so humorous. People have some weird ideas about dating...oh provo. There is this constant need to get married right now, and start making babies. Seriously, you have eternity...slow down tiger. Why must everything be forced? Enjoy life...yeah?! I really wanted to stand up and say my opinions but people wouldn't understand the simplicity of it all. Some people had some decent input, but really this is what it comes down to (and you don't have to agree with me, my personal opinion here); Guys need and should take initiative. It's their job. (I don't care if it's okay for girls to do it these days. It has to do with being a gentleman and well being a guy. Get over your shyness, step up and ask a girl out. Take a risk!), girls don't and shouldn't wait around...not worth it (Waiting around kinda makes you come off desperate and well what a waste of time), girls don't need to be rude (be honest if you aren't interested don't lead him on--especially if he's sweet and you take advantage of him. Not cool!)-- that definitely goes for the guys too, girls don't want to hear about all of the other girls you're interested in and vise versa, there is such thing as being too much and um creepy, hi...have you heard of a date?--That means go on them. -- Actually plan something and go out not this 'hey we should get together sometime.' but an actual 'lets go on a date' (Dates can be simple. I preferably love going to get hot cocoa and talking or even going to the park), the whole idea of "the game" is absolutely stupid don't play---you will lose them, honesty--honesty---honesty (If you can't be honest or they aren't honest with you, why would you do that to yourself?), don't think anyone is too good for you, don't settle for less than you deserve, just be yourself...if they don't like you for you then obviously they wouldn't be good for you--move on, communicate and actually listen, also relationships are give and take--more so you give--so actually care and love the other person, accept faults---we all have them, don't expect someone to change who they are, heartache happens--eventually it will work out and all be worth it.
----Brought to you by Stephanie's thoughts. Haha. ( Which I feel like most of the time are mean or come off harsh...yikes) Oh my little rants I get into. Sometimes they need to escape. You know you love them! =)
----Brought to you by Stephanie's thoughts. Haha. ( Which I feel like most of the time are mean or come off harsh...yikes) Oh my little rants I get into. Sometimes they need to escape. You know you love them! =)
xoxo

1 comment:
Haha Steph, you are too cute! I love reading your blog ! And I just wanted to let you know that I loved everything single point you had on dating!! I know that dating is hard, but just wait for that one guy who can't get enough of you and follows you around like a love sick puppy! (that's my Joe for you!) Just be yourself and the right guy will find you! I love you! Go out and have fun on Valentine's day ok?
Love, Bree
Post a Comment