Saturday, February 27, 2010

Always Look On the Bright Side of Life

*Whistle Whistle Whistle* 

---"Attitudes are contagious.  Are yours worth catching?"----

Way back when I was a tiny little adorable, pretty, princess, angel of a daughter, (haha) I had the hardest time getting out of bed. I'm pretty sure I've said this before in my blog. Oh well, listen/read to it again. I hated going to school. I wanted to stay home and play and not go to school and have my teacher tell me what to do and well learn. I also made up these crazy stories of having no friends, being picked on, and I would just come home and throw tantrums about how awful my day was. Blah. haha. So I would put up a fight every morning. Every morning!! I would have to be awaken by my dad and I would literally lay there and my parents had to dress me. I would fight it. The only way I would kinda cooperate is if they turned on the Jetsons. haha I was such a brat! I even remember faking sick many, many times. I think I tried all the tricks; hot water, penny under the tongue, lots of stuff. Anything to try and make myself sick. (Too bad I was awful at faking and my parents always knew) I remember my mom asking me "Where does it hurt" Nothing really hurt so I would just respond with "everywhere" or "my tummy." haha. Oh me! Anyways, my parents got fed up with it (as any parents would) and my mom came up with a plan. Which had a big impact on me to this day. It changed my outlook on life. She posted a calendar on the back of my door. And every day I had to find one good thing that happened that day. Then I had to come home and tell her about it, then I could make an X for that day on the calendar. I think if I made it the whole week, I'd get a prize on Saturday! (Little kids and  prizes. haha) Well, because of this brilliant idea I now always look on the bright side of life. I naturally, have a positive attitude and don't spend so much time wasting away being negative. I can guarantee you, that if someone asked me about my day I will always say something 'good' that happened. I'm going to be completely honest, I hate negativity. I can't stand being around it and I hate dealing with it.

Some people (you know the type) just have this negative outlook on life. I mean you can't talk to them or listen to them without them constantly finding bad things about every aspect in their lives. I mean every aspect. They have no hope about anything. They are constantly going on and on about how bad things are and complaining about everything. I'm sorry, I can not stand it! Life is never that bad and there is always something good that is ongoing in your life. I don't expect everyone's life to be perfect or to not complain or have some negativity. Hi, my life is far from perfect and every once in a while I will complain, but I am not constantly doing this. I am not looking at everything bad that is happening to me. (Remember you chose to come to Earth, you are the one who said 'yeah life on Earth will be hard, but I can overcome. It's worth it in the end') You have control over your own attitude. You choose how you want to react to a situation. There is constantly so many blessings in your life that you're take advantage of. So stop running your mouth about how terrible your life is, and take a look around. Make a list! I'm all for writing lists about the happy things. Or have a happy book. Or buy a book of 14, 000 Things to be Happy About (I have this book btw, it's incredible!) If this is too difficult for you, talk to me I'll help you find the goodness. But seriously, do not drag on and on about the downfalls of life, no one wants to be around your negative outlook. Doing this will only make you not have any friends, or make your situation worse. And if I'm around a negative person, I will either make a comment about it or I will walk away. I can't put up with it! I am all about helping people see the beauty of life and doing everything in your power to be happy. Because let's be real here, Happiness is like the best thing ever. Anyways, I'm done venting now. ;)

"Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day. "

Word. xoxo

No comments: