1. I want to look at the stars/I need to look at the stars. (How often do I mention the stars in my blog..a lot) When I was younger I would always in the paint program draw the Earth and the stars. Always with the stars. Sometimes it's an annoying desire/obsession that can be a hassle because I don't have the time or a place to just sit, think, and admire the beauty of the night sky. But I need it in my life, I thrive from it. I am my true self (lame right? shouldn't I always be my true self?), and it helps me realize who I am and what blessings are in my life, and well clears my head. I always find what I'm looking for. I feel closest to God while looking at the stars. I find peace, comfort, love...and recently I've been missing that in my life. That's because I've been trying to find a dang place to look at them, where it's clear, not sketchy, and where I won't get raped or something. Hard task I tell you. However, someone told me about a place so I should go check that out pronto.
2. Bless her heart just makes me laugh every time I hear it or read it. Because down South you can say basically whatever you want about somebody, but if you end it in bless her heart, it makes up for everything you just said that was bad about that person. It's like an explanation/excuse. I love it. I especially love it when someone calls me out on saying it. I don't say it very often but every once in a while it comes naturally. haha. Also, I feel the need to mention this because it makes me laugh. And that's the mood I am in...a laughing mood. So in honor of my laughing mood, here are my favorite kind of jokes...
~Here's Your Sign~
- "Stupid people should have to wear signs that just say "I'm Stupid." That way you wouldn't rely on them, would you? You wouldn't ask them anything. It would be like, "Excuse me...oops... never mind, didn't see your sign."
- Last time I had a flat tire, I pulled my truck into one of those side-of-the-road gas stations. The attendant walks out, looks at my truck, looks at me, and I swear he said, "Tire go flat?" I couldn't resist. said, "Nope. I was driving around and those other three just swelled right up on me. Here's your sign."
- A stranger approaches and asks, “Excuse me, are these the elevators that go up?” I reply, “No, these are the ones that go side to side. The ones that go up are down the hall. Here's your sign”
- (On the phone at an airport talking to his wife explaining that the plane hit a deer) Engvall’s wife says, “Oh my God! Were you on the ground?” Engvall’s reply: “Nope, Santa was making one last run. Here’s your sign”.
- I pull up at the Christmas tree shop and I walk up and the guy says "hey you here to buy a tree?" ..."Nope, My son had to go to the bathroom and these trees looked mighty inviting." Heres your sign!
· I come in the house soaking wet and am greeted by "Is it Raining?".."nope, decided to take the fish for a walk". heres your sign!
· I learned to drive an 18 wheeler in my days of adventure. Wouldn't ya know I misjudged the height of a bridge. The truck got stuck and I couldn't get it out no matter how I tried. I radioed in for help and eventually a local cop shows up to take the report. He went through his basic questioning. No problem. I thought for sure he was clear of needing a sign... until he says "So..is your truck stuck?" I couldn't help myself! I looked at him, looked back at the rig, then back to him and said, "No I'm delivering a bridge...Here's your sign!".
· It's like before my wife and I moved. Our house was full of boxes and there was a U-Haul truck in our driveway. My friend comes over and says "Hey, you moving?" "Nope. We just pack our stuff up once or twice a week to see how many boxes it takes. Here's your sign."
After writing this, it led me to watching Bill Engvall and Jeff Foxworthy on Youtube. And then I found myself looking at Southern jokes and language. It's hilarious, mainly because I understand it all and especially the whole subject on how to talk Southern. I say these things and don't even realize it. haha. Oh how I love the South. http://www.gagirl.com/southern/southern.html
I've realized, I am doing horribly at my new years resolutions. The whole confidence and not so hard on my self issue. Also, the being more honest with myself and others. More consistent in scripture study, finding a good lds guy to date. And I could do better at brightening the life of someone each day. (I don't focus on it, I need like a reminder so I can have a conscious effort in doing it) I'm usually so good at keeping and accomplishing them, but boo I'm a slacking. I'm doing good on the others but still I need to work on these.
Do you ever listen to a song over and over? Do you ever have a song you have to listen to when you're in a certain mood or when you're doing something specific. I do. Random thought, I know.
So the whole reason I wanted to write this blog was because of friends. Aww. Particularly my friends.. =)
K Sunday night I got a phone call from a very good friend who invited me to dinner at a mutual friend's parents house. And I got to see all my loves! (minus a few because they couldn't make it) Oh, how I've missed everyone and those amazing dinners. My friend's mom is an incredible cook. Oh so good. I always leave full and satisfied. And she made this amazing chocolate flan cake. oh baby, baby! Anyways, it was so nice to be with all my old friends again. That doesn't happen hardly, because everyone is in their own little world and super busy. Understandable. But I love the fact that no matter how long it's been or where everyone is at in their lives we can come together and be comfortable and happy. I don't know another group of friends that I have where I can always be myself and be completely comfortable. There isn't awkwardness there. You know you have some friends, y'all are close but time changes things then you meet up again and it's just weird. I don't have that with these people. True friends right there. (Ps.everyone's growing up so beautifully.) Anyways, I loved seeing everyone and laughing and reminiscing about old times. Oh how I didn't even realize how much those people mean to me and how incredibly happy they make me. I love them.
"No lapse of time or distance of place can lessen the friendship of those who are truly persuaded of each other's worth"
"No lapse of time or distance of place can lessen the friendship of those who are truly persuaded of each other's worth"
Another long post to add to the pile, I don't think I know how to keep things short and sweet. oh well...peace and blessings. haha
xoxo
xoxo








No comments:
Post a Comment