Alright, alright I know everyone is dying to hear the story of how my wonderful fiancé proposed. It's a tear-jerker!---okay for me it is, not so much for you.
This was Tuesday September 21, 2010.
Well, I had a long day at work. I was tired. No, I was exhausted. I was planning on going home and eating dinner and curling up with my baby. Well, I got home and on my front door was this letter.
Well, giddy me got this huge grin on my face and started blushing. I think I squealed some too. The roses were everywhere. It was fun to look for them.
What made it really special though, was that attached to each different colored rose was a little note and on the note were reasons why he loves me. It was way sweet.
I just thought it was another date. Breck does sweet things like this all the time. I didn't think anything of it. Well, I went off and got ready. (Which may I mention I have never cared so much about looking good and what I wear until I met Breck. ha.) Well, after picking an outfit I wasn't that all happy with but I didn't have time to shower, my lovely man came and picked me up. Well, he said he had found a pretty place earlier that day that he wanted to show me. He wanted to surprise me though so he said he would have to blindfold me. Well, we ended up driving around town for a good 30 mins. He had to make sure I was good and lost first. And let me tell you not being able to see, is definitely no fun! Well, we arrived at the destination and Breck led me to a spot...up stairs. (He was like practically dragging me because I was being too careful with walking).
He had taken me to Rock Canyon where we had our first date. He took off the blindfold and had a 12th rose in his hand. There was a note on this one also and it said 'This is me giving you my heart.'
BAM he was down on a knee. I still was clueless and then I started freakin out. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" He had a beautiful diamond ring in his hand.
He asked me to marry him, which I responded with a yes. I was speechless, I didn't even know how I even responded. He put the ring on my finger, that I can't stop staring at. Then there was lots of mushyness. We were in our own little world, then he pointed out my roommate and another one of our friends. They had recorded it and also took pictures. It was perfect.
So now wonderful folks, I get to start officially planning my wedding with Mr. Breck Hildreth. We are thinking we are going to get married sometime in March...but that could change as time progresses. Welp, Happiness!!
xoxo
(These are after I put them on the table in a vase. Precious. Aren't they beautiful?)
What made it really special though, was that attached to each different colored rose was a little note and on the note were reasons why he loves me. It was way sweet.
I just thought it was another date. Breck does sweet things like this all the time. I didn't think anything of it. Well, I went off and got ready. (Which may I mention I have never cared so much about looking good and what I wear until I met Breck. ha.) Well, after picking an outfit I wasn't that all happy with but I didn't have time to shower, my lovely man came and picked me up. Well, he said he had found a pretty place earlier that day that he wanted to show me. He wanted to surprise me though so he said he would have to blindfold me. Well, we ended up driving around town for a good 30 mins. He had to make sure I was good and lost first. And let me tell you not being able to see, is definitely no fun! Well, we arrived at the destination and Breck led me to a spot...up stairs. (He was like practically dragging me because I was being too careful with walking).
He had taken me to Rock Canyon where we had our first date. He took off the blindfold and had a 12th rose in his hand. There was a note on this one also and it said 'This is me giving you my heart.'
BAM he was down on a knee. I still was clueless and then I started freakin out. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" He had a beautiful diamond ring in his hand.
(It's very sparkly. Which I love, naturally!)
He asked me to marry him, which I responded with a yes. I was speechless, I didn't even know how I even responded. He put the ring on my finger, that I can't stop staring at. Then there was lots of mushyness. We were in our own little world, then he pointed out my roommate and another one of our friends. They had recorded it and also took pictures. It was perfect.
So now wonderful folks, I get to start officially planning my wedding with Mr. Breck Hildreth. We are thinking we are going to get married sometime in March...but that could change as time progresses. Welp, Happiness!!
xoxo
8 comments:
Perfect post...what a great story! I love it!
AHHHHHHHHHHH I love it so much!! I'm so happy for you!!!
I Love it! What a wonderful proposal!!! Good job Breck:) And the ring is stunning! Love you Steph.
Hi, Steph! I'm so excited for you--you seem so very happy! Married life is the best. Tell Breck he did a great job on the ring--it is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Steph! I am so excited for you! The proposal sounds like it was perfect, your ring is stunning, and you look like you are so happy! Congratulations! Love you!
OH. MY. GOODNESS.
OH! MY! GOODNESS!!!!!
OH!!!! MY!!!!!! FREAKIN!!!!! GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
I'm SOOO happy for you!!! Love you tons and tons!
And that girl night we've been planning for FOREVER.... you, me and Rachel.... seriously SOON!!!
I loved this post Stephanie! It made me so happy. I'm so excited for you. You deserve this so much. Your fiance sounds super sweet. I'm glad you found someone that will treat you so well! love you. -kristen
Steph!
So I am a little late, but I found your blog on Savannah's and CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you! Let's be honest - your proposal story almost brought tears to my eyes!! How sweet! What a good guy you found! You look so happy and your ring is beautiful! YAY!!! :)
Post a Comment