Well, hello new phone that I just bought! That's right kiddies, new phone. More bliss. It's a whole new thing for me too. Why you ask is it different than any phone I've had before? It is a freakin touch screen! Plus, it finishes my words when texting, has awesome features, and basically better than any phone I've had in the past. Because it is new, I have no idea how to use it. Ha...dang. I'm in the process of reading the manual. (Which btw, I kinda enjoy reading manuals. Weird, I know). Plus, I now have internet on my phone. So far it's come in handy.
I have about five posts waiting to be posted, but I just don't know if I want to post them. Since when did I become so picky?
This week I have learned some very valuable lessons.
A. I met a 97 year old woman, who came into the shop Wednesday. She was born in the year 1913. whoa. She came in with her husband. They were adorable. Plus, she acted like she was early eighties. Go go go! It was awesome. I want to be like that. Live to be in the 90's maybe even 100's and be still so happy and in love with my hubby. Also, to be that sharp and young like. Sweet.
B. My religion class is fabulous. I'm learning so much. I can't write fast enough to keep up. I just learn and relearn so much wonderful knowledge and it all pertains to what I'm experiencing right now. Lovely.
Here's briefly what I learned this week:
~Forgive and forget. Leave the past in the past, especially if that person has repented and moved on, you should to. Don't hold things against them. The Lord forgives and remembers them no more when a person truly repents, so you should be able to do the same. We live in the present, look towards the future and forget the past (learn from it, but move on).
~ Fear: Most things you worry about never actually happen. Fear is an exaggerated overreaction to a bad experience. Fear comes from the adversary, when we fear our faith decreases. Faith can not reside where fear is present. Fear decreases the ability to love. The Lord can't help us grow without having experiences good and bad. We can't be afraid to experience things. We build these fears and it's never as bad as we thought it would be. Most fear comes from incomplete knowledge.
~ A Right Person compared to the right person: Before marriage it is a right person after marriage it becomes the right person. Definition of right is righteous or upright/ suitable and appropriate/ Real and genuine.
~All the lists that you make about future qualities in a spouse are good things to think about. However, it should be written differently and viewed differently. For example, there should be like 3 columns. Nice: so things it would be nice of them to have ie blue eyes, plays guitar... Important: like makes me a better person... and Essential: so things like worthy priesthood holder, spiritually strong and mature, will take me to the Celestial kingdom. Or this could be viewed as a Good, Better, Best list. What happens is, too often we make these lists and focus so much on them that we wither become self-righteous and picky, or we do not realize those qualities we want in a spouse need to be the qualities that we ourselves possess. We need to be focusing on the essential list.
C. I am way too harsh on myself. (I've said it in past posts) I have this self image and sometimes I may be interested in a guy and think, nah, I don't deserve someone that good. I have this issue with thinking of myself of not being good enough. Which really isn't true at all. I deserve the best dang it! haha. Weaknesses...working on it.
~All the lists that you make about future qualities in a spouse are good things to think about. However, it should be written differently and viewed differently. For example, there should be like 3 columns. Nice: so things it would be nice of them to have ie blue eyes, plays guitar... Important: like makes me a better person... and Essential: so things like worthy priesthood holder, spiritually strong and mature, will take me to the Celestial kingdom. Or this could be viewed as a Good, Better, Best list. What happens is, too often we make these lists and focus so much on them that we wither become self-righteous and picky, or we do not realize those qualities we want in a spouse need to be the qualities that we ourselves possess. We need to be focusing on the essential list.
C. I am way too harsh on myself. (I've said it in past posts) I have this self image and sometimes I may be interested in a guy and think, nah, I don't deserve someone that good. I have this issue with thinking of myself of not being good enough. Which really isn't true at all. I deserve the best dang it! haha. Weaknesses...working on it.
D. So, because of my weakness and self-image I tend to not be approachable. It's really quite sad, because I love people and I want them to get to know me and vise versa.
E. Being social. I am not the best at being social. Big groups aren't my things, I hate and get easily embarrassed being the center of attention. I am more stand offish when I'm in a crowd. I like small groups where I can get to know people and they can get to know me. Plus sometimes, I really just like staying inside and not going out to actually do anything. I'm a low key person. I actually love having people always over, but I'm embarrassed because my apartment never seems to stay clean. I hate when people come over and it's messy. So the problem is people can't get to know me and I can't get to know them. I think my bishop is hinting I need to be more social. Which is very true, but I just don't know. I'm not the type to invite myself over or apart of something. I don't tag along, unless I'm asked too. I always need to be invited...actual words saying 'Hey Steph want to do this or this or come with,' type thing. Kind of silly.
F. My bishop rocks. I don't think I've ever been really close with any of my bishops in the past and Bishop Rust is just incredible. He understands me. It's really nice to be able to discuss things with him with ease and have him just be so helpful and gives good suggestions and advice. It's great.
G. The guys in my ward are retarded.... They don't ask girls out, they can't be honest with girls, they lead them on, they just hang out, they find excuses why they don't want to date you, they only take you out on one date, they're immature, they don't know what they want, they're clueless, most of them are in their later 20's and not actively pursuing to find a wife. (Which everything in the church and this life prepares and leads us to that. Marriage and exaltation.) I don't mean to pound on them, because I definitely understand that it goes both ways. But they are a difficult breed. ha. Plus, at work today my bishop and I had a huge conversation about all of this and what they guys are doing and what girls have to do. How times have changed and other stuff. It was a good conversation and it was fun to relay the things that I have heard and noticed, and the things that he has noticed.
E. Being social. I am not the best at being social. Big groups aren't my things, I hate and get easily embarrassed being the center of attention. I am more stand offish when I'm in a crowd. I like small groups where I can get to know people and they can get to know me. Plus sometimes, I really just like staying inside and not going out to actually do anything. I'm a low key person. I actually love having people always over, but I'm embarrassed because my apartment never seems to stay clean. I hate when people come over and it's messy. So the problem is people can't get to know me and I can't get to know them. I think my bishop is hinting I need to be more social. Which is very true, but I just don't know. I'm not the type to invite myself over or apart of something. I don't tag along, unless I'm asked too. I always need to be invited...actual words saying 'Hey Steph want to do this or this or come with,' type thing. Kind of silly.
F. My bishop rocks. I don't think I've ever been really close with any of my bishops in the past and Bishop Rust is just incredible. He understands me. It's really nice to be able to discuss things with him with ease and have him just be so helpful and gives good suggestions and advice. It's great.
G. The guys in my ward are retarded.... They don't ask girls out, they can't be honest with girls, they lead them on, they just hang out, they find excuses why they don't want to date you, they only take you out on one date, they're immature, they don't know what they want, they're clueless, most of them are in their later 20's and not actively pursuing to find a wife. (Which everything in the church and this life prepares and leads us to that. Marriage and exaltation.) I don't mean to pound on them, because I definitely understand that it goes both ways. But they are a difficult breed. ha. Plus, at work today my bishop and I had a huge conversation about all of this and what they guys are doing and what girls have to do. How times have changed and other stuff. It was a good conversation and it was fun to relay the things that I have heard and noticed, and the things that he has noticed.
And...love is in the air. Not for me, no worries. haha. But everyone else engaged, and whatnot. Mainly engaged. I'm so happy for them. eh.
Why do you think when we sing in church, we don't sing a lot of the hymns? We just stick to the ones we know. Why don't we get to know the other ones. Some of them are so incredibly beautiful.
Andddd Good news!
-Aaron and Molly are finally engaged. This means that I get a fabulous new sister n' law and everyone in my family is happily married...minus me. (But I don't count. I still have plenty of time)
-Chris and Kara are expecting! Yippee! I'm thinking it's a boy...I get to be an aunt! hot dog!
-My Dayne is coming in like a month. Yeah buddy!
-Valerie is coming out here in like 2 weeks to go mission shopping. I'm excited to see her and spend time with her.
-Uh, and life is grand.
-I really need to write more often so my posts aren't always this long.
-Every notice how most of my posts are lists? I like making lists. :)
Way to make it to the end of this post! Give yourself a pat on the back for reading an entirely too long of a post filled with my nonsense and rambling. haha.
xoxo
-I really need to write more often so my posts aren't always this long.
-Every notice how most of my posts are lists? I like making lists. :)
Way to make it to the end of this post! Give yourself a pat on the back for reading an entirely too long of a post filled with my nonsense and rambling. haha.
xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment