Waiting Call
After Mary Oliver’s ‘The Rabbit’
Solicitous,
And in a dismay.
The pressure, an evil we all face,
Is on the rampage. And the buttons that cover
Are worn thin with the goodness of use
Lay untouched now. Only he,
And his omnipotent keys of hope ,
Have the necessary power. I tremble
With anticipation, as the light begins to
Progressively get brighter. I inhale
The flashes of memories in my mind, that seem so distant now,
Springing like death from a scene from a movie
Beckoning me
To partake. And suddenly
I can. Time passes quickly and the moment has slipped,
By a second of hesitation. Beyond my great fear
I catch a glimpse of hope shining through, a wish that has come
True on a bight shooting star—
Don’t you understand this madness?—the cycle begins once again.
Mr. Goose
Still, silence
The end has come
A friend has fallen
The darkness surrounds him
Lying there in the mist of blackness
With no rocket of hope for a tomorrow
Sprawled out
Fallen from the rusty looking basket
Beautiful, vibrant
Perfection of pure whiteness
Completely lifeless
Wings ruffled but peaceful
Ever so peaceful
The hollow glasses stand near
A sign of emptiness
This journey has come to a close Mr. Goose
The stilled life
I'm a poet and didn't even know it!! haha
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment