Do you see how much time has past since my last posting? Ridiculous! This is very sad. I need to be better. I need Dayne back to remind me constantly to update. Boo.
This will be short and sweet. I have lots to post about, but I won't today.
I bought a nook. Have I mentioned that? A nook glowlight! I know me of all people bought an ereader! Shocking! I did lots of research comparing which ereader to get (and why I should invest in one). Best decision! First of all Nook is better than Kindle and most ereaders out there. Plus Barnes and Noble is really helpful and reliable. Well, then it came down to which Nook to get. The tablet reminded me too much of my iphone, but bigger. I thought that was a waste. I want to read books not play games. Then I was thinking of the color because with my discount it's like $20 more, color is good to have. Again though, it had too many extra features I didn't want. Besides, the color is best for magazines. But I love my glossy pages in real physical magazines. So I decided on this one.
Pros: It is only used for reading. I feel like I'm reading a page from a book.The glowlight is fantastic for night reading. (Which I do a lot of) The light isn't overly bright and blinding. There is an anti-glare; which rocks to read while being outside. It is so little and super lightweight (easy for travel). It lasts like 30hrs. I can lend books to others and vice versa. Also, I can borrow books from the library.
Cons: It is only an ereader. It would be nice to have some internet access to get books from other websites instead of having to connect it to the computer. It's doesn't have a good smooth transition between turning pages. Hopefully there will be an update to fix that.
Overall, I'm so happy I decided to purchase this. It will help to download textbooks for school on it too. Plus, having an ereader is great for reading books to decide if it is worth to physically buy them.
The thing I hate about having an ereader? Books can be expensive. I am use to buying books cheap unless they are classics. So not worth the price to just read on like a computer screen practically. Especially if I end up liking it and decide to buy the hard copy, then what a bummer to pay twice for it!
That's why I love this website. http://the-cheap.net/ The website list deals on Nook books that are cheaper and also FREE! I have found some good ones through this site. Also, on Barnes and Noble they have FREE FRIDAYS on their blog. Fantastic!!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment